There was a day when women would spend tremendous amounts of money on handbags so that they could be in style. When they went to church, a wedding, the opera or other special event, they dressed up to the hilt, and an expensive handbag was what they had to have in order to look the part. This has changed with the times, and now, the expensive handbags are going out of style.
There are several reasons that the expensive handbags are going out of style. Mostly, it is because women do not have the money to spend on them like they used to. Let’s look at some other reasons for this outcome:
· Practicality – The practicality of having an inexpensive vs. expensive handbag is what many women have been looking at more closely over the years. They do not find that it is a good investment to have a super unusual handbag that costs so much money it almost makes her go broke when she can get one for a lot less if she shops around.
· Money – People are not making as much money as they used to because wages did not rise like inflation did. They have to watch their money more, and they cut back on expensive things. One of them being items that they will not use on a regular basis, and expensive handbags fall into that category.
· Discounts – There are many ways that women can find inexpensive handbags. One of them is by shopping online where they get plenty of discounts and incentives to shop in this manner. They find that this gives them what they need in the way of a handbag without the huge expense.
· Imitations – There are plenty of imitations of the expensive handbags that are sold at rock bottom places. A women needs to shop at certain stores in order to take advantage of this, and they will usually find great handbags that look like the real thing, but are imitations.
· Lack Of Good Designers – There are not many designers that have created a handbag that is different from the ones that were out there before and cost a fortune. They have stopped trying to create new types because there is not a demand for them like there was in the past.
· They Have Them Already – Many women have expensive handbags from their past, and they don’t need anymore. They will be able to use the ones they have, and in some cases, they end up giving them away. They are completely not able to keep them because they take up room. Many women give them to relatives or friends that might use them in the future.
· More Casual Times – The expensive handbags were used for various reasons in the past, but the times have changed. The times are more casual than they used to be. Since many women don’t dress up like they used to, even for big events, they don’t need the accessories that they used to. They like to go more casual now than ever before.
· Don’t Find Them Useful – For many women, they need something that makes sense to them. They will use a cheaper purse because it has more compartments to fit more things so that they can take it with them wherever they go. They don’t want to look like they have an expensive purse when they are dressed casually, and they are in the process of giving away items that they no longer use.
Caring For Handbags, Even If They Are Inexpensive
Even though a woman may have inexpensive handbags, she will still want to make sure that she cares about them and keeps them safe. Many women store them in boxes and stack them in a cupboard. Others keep them in drawers or hang them from hooks. In whichever manner she wishes to store them, she should make sure that they are dry and protected from direct sunlight.
How Much Should A Woman Pay For A Handbag?
In most cases, $20 – $30 is all a woman should be paying for a good handbag. If she shops right, she will find all different types, styles, colors and sizes that will fit in with her wardrobe. She should canvas her area looking into the different stores that offer great prices, and especially online, she will find the bargains that she loves.
Many women still have a selection of handbags that they use on a regular basis. They get these from various places, and they keep them looking nice so they can use them from time to time. Some women just carry a very small purse with them for their cell phone and money. The smaller the better, and they are not interested in spending a lot of money on these types of items anymore.